FootiePalace Forums
Hello guest.

Welcome to the latest football forum on the net. Discuss with members all over the World. From Campeonato Brasileiro Série A to Barclays Premier League. Please sign up.
FootiePalace Forums
Hello guest.

Welcome to the latest football forum on the net. Discuss with members all over the World. From Campeonato Brasileiro Série A to Barclays Premier League. Please sign up.
FootiePalace Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tass
Administrator
Administrator
Tass

Coins Coins : 24429
Favorite Team : Real Madrid

Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m Empty
PostSubject: Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m   Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 5:16 pm

Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m Firmacoentro

Real Madrid continued their summer rebuilding yesterday with the signing of the Benfica left-back Fabio Coentrao.

The 23-year-old Portuguese international will sign, subject to a medical, for €30m (£27m), making him the second most expensive full-back ever, after Dani Alves.

Coentrao arrives as one of Europe's highest-rated young defenders. He was part of the Benfica side who won the Portuguese domestic double in 2009-10 and he impressed in last summer's World Cup. Coentrao will challenge Brazilian Marcelo for a place in Jose Mourinho's side next season. Marcelo may be a victim of Mourinho's desire to bring in a new generation of young players to the Bernabeu. Madrid have already signed 22-year-old Nuri Sahin this summer, the Turkish midfielder joining from Borussia Dortmund for €10m (£9m). Hamit Altintop has also signed on a free transfer from Bayern Munich. Last summer Madrid bought Angel di Maria, Mesut Ozil and Sami Khedira.

Last season Madrid finished second in La Liga and lost a Champions League semi-final to Barcelona and, despite winning the Copa del Rey, there is demand for more next season
Back to top Go down
Chris
Prospect

Coins Coins : 23422

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m   Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 10:19 pm

I have to admit he was something during the world cup. I wish him all the best now!
Back to top Go down
Tass
Administrator
Administrator
Tass

Coins Coins : 24429
Favorite Team : Real Madrid

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m   Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Chris wrote:
I have to admit he was something during the world cup. I wish him all the best now!

Yeah, I agree with you. But he is so overrated after the World Cup. Still a good player. He and di Maria should work great together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m   Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m Empty

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid sign Coentrao for £27m
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FootiePalace Forums :: Football Discussion :: Domestic Football :: Spanish Football-
Jump to: